Scientific Name: Dianthus barbatus interspecific
Common Name: Single Dianthus, Pinks, Carnation
Hardiness Degree: 20°F (-6.7°C)
Blooming Season: Summer, Late Summer, Early Spring, Late Spring, Autumn
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Attracts Hummingbirds, Fragrant Flowers, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Height: 18 - 36" (46 - 91cm)
Width: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
General Information: Exceptional performance for backyard cut flower gardens - and an excellent choice for professional cut flower growers. Semi-hardy annual in zone 7 and milder.
Planting density: 3 to 4 plants/ft.2 (30 to 40 plants/m2) for Non-Pinched crop; 1.5 plants/ft.2 (15 plants/m2) for Pinched crop
Best for: Greenhouse, high tunnel, field
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Late Spring/Summer greenhouse/field, 11 to 14 weeks; Late Summer/Winter greenhouse, 12 to 18 weeks; Field, 18 to 23 weeks
Floral Selection Guide For Bouquets:
- Versatile and programmable – can be produced year-round and is the best dianthus for Summer production.
- No vernalization is needed for flowering.
- High yields of saleable stems.
- As a Winter greenhouse crop, height is up to 36 in./90 cm, with tallest growth from early Autumn-transplanted plants.
- Neon Duo is a mix of Neon Cherry and Neon Purple.