Scientific Name: Dianthus barbatus
Common Name: Dianthus
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Autumn, Spring
Plant Habit: Upright
Spacing: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Height: 18 - 36" (46 - 91cm)
Width: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Late Spring/Summer greenhouse/field, 8 to 9 weeks;
Late Summer/Winter greenhouse, 9 to 13 weeks; Field, 15 to 18 weeks
Supplied as pelleted seed.
- The best commercial D. barbatus series available: year-round
production…no vernalization needed…10 separate bright colours.
- Top-notch filler series features large, fragrant and long-lasting blooms
on strong, straight stems.
- Produces high yields of saleable stems.
- Very uniform for height and flowering time.
- Excellent retail holdability.
- Taller growth comes from early, Autumn-transplanted, greenhousegrown