Fertilize: Every two weeks
General Information: Excellent garden performer, with long-lasting, very fragrant blooms on vigorous, frost and heat-tolerant plants that don't need staking. Flowers can be cut and brought indoors.
4 to 6 plants/ft.2
(42 to 64 plants/m2
Greenhouse, high tunnel; also suitable for fieldPlug crop time:
4 to 5 weeksTransplant to finish:
Late Spring/Summer greenhouse/field, 8 to 9 weeks; Late Summer/Winter greenhouse, 9 to 13 weeks;
Field, 15 to 18 weeks
Floral Selection Guide for Bouquets:
- The best commercial D. barbatus series available: year-round production…no vernalization needed…11 separate bright colours.
- Top-notch filler series features large, fragrant and long-lasting blooms on strong, straight stems.
- Produces high yields of saleable stems.
- Very uniform for height and flowering time.
- Excellent retail holdability.
- Good filler – adds volume to floral bouquets.
- Taller growth comes from early, Autumn-transplanted, greenhouse-grown plants.