Scientific Name: Dianthus barbatus
Common Name: Dianthus
Hardiness Degree: 0°F (-17.8°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Autumn, Spring
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Fragrant Flowers, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Height: 18 - 36" (46 - 91cm)
Width: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
General Information: Excellent garden performer, with long-lasting, very fragrant blooms on vigorous, frost and heat-tolerant plants that don't need staking. Flowers can be cut and brought indoors.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Late Spring/Summer greenhouse/field, 8 to 9 weeks;
Late Summer/Winter greenhouse, 9 to 13 weeks; Field, 15 to 18 weeks
Supplied as pelleted seed.
- The best commercial D. barbatus series available: year-round
production…no vernalization needed…10 separate bright colours.
- Top-notch filler series features large, fragrant and long-lasting blooms
on strong, straight stems.
- Produces high yields of saleable stems.
- Very uniform for height and flowering time.
- Excellent retail holdability.
- Taller growth comes from early, Autumn-transplanted, greenhousegrown