Scientific Name: D. barbatus
Blooming Season: Winter, Late Summer, Autumn, Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Spacing: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Height: 15 - 20" (38 - 51cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Late Spring/ early Summer, 9 to 10 weeks; late Summer/Winter, 11 to 12 weeks
Supplied as pelleted seed.
- The best D. barbatus for premium quarts and gallons.
- Naturally compact and wellbranched – needs less to no PGRs for easy, year-round container production.
- Sweet William-type dianthus requires no vernalization for flowering.
- Produces masses of fragrant blooms.
- Low-energy crop can be grown cool for cost savings.
Magician flowers open white and mature to shades of rose.