Scientific Name: Petunia X hybrida
Common Name: Petunia, Spreading
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Blooming Season: Late Summer, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded, Spreading
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Low Maintenance
Spacing: 10 - 15" (25 - 38cm)
Height: 7 - 10" (18 - 25cm)
Width: 30 - 36" (76 - 91cm)
General Information: Shock Wave produces a mounded, spreading plant that is similar in shape and just as easy to manage as Easy Wave. These excellent outdoor performers offer strong fill and season-long colour that the Wave family varieties are known for. Petite-flowered plants perform equally well in small spaces, hanging baskets, containers and mixed combos.
Flower size: 1.5 to 2 in./4 to 5 cm
Plug crop time: 4 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 5 weeks, Summer 4 weeks
Supplied as pelleted seed.
- Earliest-flowering series in the Wave family.
- Blooms in a 4 to 6-day window.
- Rebounds faster from overhead watering and rain than other petunias – stays fresher-looking at retail and outdoors.
- Performs equally well in small spaces, baskets, containers and mixed combos.
- Mounded, spreading plants are similar in shape and just as easy to manage as Easy Wave® petunia.
- Recommended in Wave branded packaging: 4-in./10-cm pots, premium quarts, 306 premium packs, hanging baskets.