Scientific Name: Petunia x hybrida
Common Name: Spreading Petunia
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded, Spreading
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Spacing: 10 - 15" (25 - 38cm)
Height: 7 - 10" (18 - 25cm)
Width: 30 - 36" (76 - 91cm)
General Information: Shock Wave produces a mounded, spreading plant that is similar in shape and just as easy to manage as Easy Wave. These excellent outdoor performers offer strong fill and season-long colour that the Wave family varieties are known for. Petite-flowered plants perform equally well in small spaces, hanging baskets, containers and mixed combos.
The best for baskets
You’ve never seen petunia hanging baskets like these – each Shock Wave plant is blanketed with tons of colour from the amazing number of petite, high-impact flowers. Start your Wave® sales early with the first and the earliest-to-flower spreading petunia series.
Plug crop time: 4 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 5 weeks, Summer 4 weeks
- Blooms in a tight, consistent, 4 to 6-day window.
- Rebounds faster from overhead watering and rain than other petunias – stays fresher-looking at retail and outdoors.
- Performs equally well in small spaces, baskets, containers and mixed combos.
- Mounded, spreading plants are similar in shape and just as easy to manage as Easy Wave® petunia.
- Recommended in Wave branded packaging: 4-in./10-cm pots, premium quarts, 306 premium packs with handle, hanging baskets.
Retains colour well in high light.