Scientific Name: Ipomoea batatas
Common Name: Sweet Potato Vine
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn
Plant Habit: Climbing
Characteristics: Water/Rain tolerant, Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Heat Tolerant
Spacing: 36 - 48" (91 - 122cm)
Height: 48 - 84" (122 - 213cm)
Width: 36 - 48" (91 - 122cm)
General Information: Excellent foliage accent plant that can climb a wall or trellis in the garden.
- The first-ever self-climbing Ipomoea! SolarTower climbs very quickly and fills a large pot on a quick turn.
- Climbing plant is ideal for use with a trellis, as a topiary or on a vertical wall planting.
- Recommended pot size is 1 gallon and up, with some kind of trellis, making a huge impact at retail.
- Also recommended as a thriller in mixed combos, climbing up a small bamboo stick.
- Easy for the grower to maintain and produce, as it should not need any trimming, PGRs or training to climb the trellis.
- Provides instant garden décor for consumers.
Protection Information: PP29,511
(Flowering Only License)