Scientific Name: Brassica sp.
Common Name: Salad mix, Brassica
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright
Characteristics: Culinary Use
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 6 - 10" (15 - 25cm)
Height: 8 - 12" (20 - 30cm)
Width: 6 - 12" (15 - 30cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun, Sun
General Information: The easy way to grow your own mixed greens at home. Harvest more greens every 10 days by cutting back to 2 in./5 cm. Includes Asian greens with a classic mix of mizuna and komatsuna – perfect for stir-fry or a fresh salad. Keep well-watered at all times.
- A mix of Asian greens – mizuna and komatsuna – that were selected for late bolting and uniform growth.
- Leaves have attractive lobed and serrated leaf shapes in bright purple and green shades.
- Classic flavour is perfect for salads or braising.
- Cut at junior leaf stage 25-35 days from sowing or at full leaf stage 35-45 days from sowing.
- Cut leaves 2 in./5 cm above soil level and foliage will re-grow to junior leaf size approximately 10 days later.