Scientific Name: Salvia nemorosa
Hardiness Degree: -20°F (-28.9°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer, Autumn
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Deer Resistant, Attracts Bees, Rabbit Resistant, Attracts Butterflies, Drought Tolerant, Heat Tolerant
Spacing: 12 - 16" (30 - 41cm)
Height: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Width: 6 - 8" (15 - 20cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun, Sun
General Information: High-contrast salvia has black flower stems and deep purple calyx with deep blue flowers on long spikes. A very pretty Salvia nemorosa for your garden!
Opening the door to seed Salvia
With the tallest spikes and the deepest blue colour, Salvatore Blue is an excellent alternative to vegetative Salvia. Plus, it offers a critical daylength of 10 hours for finishing in early Spring, which previously was only possible with vegetative varieties.Plug crop time:
5 to 6 weeksTransplant to finish:
8 to 10 weeks
- Premium-look Salvia features the largest spikes and the deepest coloured calyx, spikes and flower in Salvia nemorosa from seed.
- A good seed alternative to vegetative Salvia.
- More vigorous than New Dimension™ Blue, it is better suited for gallons.
- Features black stems on well-branched plants.
- Ideal for annual and overwintering production.
- With a critical daylength of 10 hours, it is possible to finish for early Spring, which previously was only possible with vegetative varieties.