Plug crop time (288 tray): Scarlet, 7 to 9 weeks; all others, 8 to 10 weeks
Transplant to finish: 14 to 18 weeks
- Earlier flowering; improved branching; low stretch; uniform, controlled habit; and huge flower power assure a better-quality finished plant than the competition.
- Pretty Summer plant for beds and borders – prefers higher temperatures, humidity and moisture.
- Good germination and plug yield.
- Versatile series works well from 5-in./13-cm pots to higher-value 1 and 2-gallon containers.
- Performs well in both annual and perennial combos.
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies.
This variety has a height of 24 to 28 in./61 to 71 cm, which is 6 to 8 in./15 to 20 cm taller than the rest of the series. It also has green leaves, in contrast to the bronze leaves of the other varieties.
Scientific Name: Lobelia x speciosa
Blooming Season: Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Columnar, Upright
Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Water/Rain tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 14 - 16" (36 - 41cm)
Height: 20 - 24" (51 - 61cm)
Width: 8 - 12" (20 - 30cm)
General Information: Summer-flowering perennial attracts hummingbirds. Showy, mid-height plants covered with masses of flowers are ideal for containers for the center of the border. Sturdy, bushy plants are low maintenance. Produces masses of flowers.