Scientific Name: Lobularia maritima
Common Name: Alyssum, Sweet Alyssum
Hardiness Degree: 32°F (0.0°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Autumn
Plant Habit: Mounded
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Hummingbirds, Fragrant Flowers, Low Maintenance, Attracts Butterflies
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 6 - 10" (15 - 25cm)
Height: 6 - 10" (15 - 25cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
General Information: Fragrant, large-flowered varieties deliver stronger garden performance.
Plug crop time: 4 weeks
Transplant to finish: 4 to 6 weeks
- Tetraploid alyssums deliver more vigour than standard diploids for reduced loss and increased profits.
- Few PGRs are needed in most markets – cool-season crop can be grown with little or no heat for Spring pack programs.
- More vigorous with larger flowers than Easter Bonnet.
- Fragrant, large blooms and stronger performance in containers, hanging baskets and in-ground plantings.
- Well-matched series includes the first pigmented tetraploid alyssums.
Protection Information: US7,915,504