Scientific Name: Aquilegia x hybrida
Common Name: Columbine
Hardiness Degree: -40°F (-40.0°C)
Blooming Season: Summer, Late Spring, Spring
Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright
Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant
Spacing: 12 - 16" (30 - 41cm)
Height: 20 - 24" (51 - 61cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun
General Information: Multi-stemmed plants that are well-matched for uniform size, exceptional garden performance, and abundant large blooms in vibrant colours make this the true garden aquilegia.
Plug crop time: 6 to 9 weeks
Transplant to finish: 22 to 28 weeks
- The true garden Aquilegia! Abundant large blooms in vibrant colours make this an excellent home garden cut flower.
- Early and economical to grow – can be flowered in Spring from an Autumn sowing when grown in a cool greenhouse (night temperatures lower than 60°F/16°C) with no special vernalisation treatment.
- Multi-stemmed plants are well-matched for uniform size, exceptional garden performance and large blooms.
- Easy to force into flower in containers.
- Very high bud count for more flowers per plant.
- Taller than the Songbird varieties.
Slightly earlier than other Swan colours, flowering 2 to 3 weeks faster.