Scientific Name: Aquilegia x hybrida
Common Name: Columbine
Hardiness Degree: -40°F (-40.0°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant
Spacing: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Height: 9 - 11" (23 - 28cm)
Width: 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun, Sun
General Information: Exciting, bicolor blooms add garden interest in cool weather or warm winter climates!
Plug crop time: 6 to 9 weeks
Transplant to finish: 12 to 16 weeks (20 to 30 weeks overwintered)
- Strong colours and colour combinations spark new interest in Aquilegia!
- Series has a low cold requirement and short juvenility for growing in warm Winter climates.
- Features a controlled habit, with relatively short stems on well-mounded plants.
- A flowering window of 10 to 12 days, plus a short harvest window, make it an excellent choice for early-Spring programs.
- Purple White, Purple Yellow and Red Yellow are unique colours in F1 Aquilegia.
Flowers 2 to 3 days earlier than the rest of the series.