Scientific Name: Eruca sativa
Common Name: Arugula
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Culinary Use
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 12 - 18" (30 - 46cm)
Height: 12 - 18" (30 - 46cm)
Width: 12 - 18" (30 - 46cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun, Sun
General Information: Perfect for salads or braising.
Harvest at a young leaf size for a mild, nutty flavor. Leaves become spicy as they mature, especially in higher temperatures.
Makes a great addition to any garden.
Supplied as multi-species multi-pellets, with 3 or more seedlings per pellet. Arugula, Cress and Kale Storm Mixture are supplied as Precision Multi-Pellets. Plug crop time:
- SimplySalad introduced the first multi-species multi-seed pellets for salad, and now also offers single-species Arugula and Cress in the lineup!
- Easy to grow with very quick crop times and only one pellet needed.
- Can be direct-sown in 4 to 6-in./10 to 15-cm pots and colour bowls.
- Produces more vivid colours when finished cool.
- Gardeners will enjoy as both a colourful, mixed-texture ornamental and a delicious, nutritious edible. Performs best for consumers in full sun in cool weather, or partial shade as temperatures warm up.
- Best in containers.
2 to 3 weeksTransplant to finish:
2 to 4 weeksDays from sowing to harvest:
30 to 45 Harvestable size:
3 to 4 in./8 to 10 cm (baby leaf); 4 to 10 in./10 to 25 cm (mature leaf)Best for:
Home Garden Container, Home Garden In-ground, Fresh Market Field, Fresh Market Hydroponic
Quick to establish, upright variety with a mix of lobes and smooth shapes – perfect for bunching. Harvest as young leaves with a mild, nutty flavor; leaves become spicy as they mature or are exposed to high temperatures. Precision Multi-Pellets assure high germination uniformity, making this a great variety for hydroponic systems.