Scientific Name: Begonia x hybrida
Common Name: Begonia, Winged Begonia
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Low Maintenance, Heat Tolerant, Shade Tolerant, Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Drought Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 12 - 15" (30 - 38cm)
Height: 12 - 15" (30 - 38cm)
Width: 15 - 18" (38 - 46cm)
Exposure: Shade, Sun
General Information: Maintenance-free, season-long performance.
Handles stressful conditions.
Excellent flower show.
Plug crop time: 7 to 8 weeks
Transplant to finish: 7 to 9 weeks
Georgia Gold Medal Winners
- Grows lush and vigorous in southern U.S. heat and under cool, stressful conditions of northern Europe and Canada.
- Unique and beautiful arching, pendulous habit is spectacular in hanging baskets, large containers and commercial landscape plantings.
- Angel-wing leaves and large blooms give Dragon Wing a dramatically different look.
- Easy to grow from pelleted seed, it surpasses vegetative varieties for branching, vigour and “flower power.”
- Features best-in-class “bulletproof” performance, fast fill-in and an easy-care nature.