Scientific Name: Begonia interspecific
Common Name: Interspecific Begonia
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Spreading
Characteristics: Drought Tolerant, Water/Rain tolerant, Heat Tolerant, Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 12 - 20" (30 - 51cm)
Height: 6 - 10" (15 - 25cm)
Width: 20 - 27" (51 - 69cm)
Exposure: Shade, Sun
General Information: Nice spreading, trailing habit for use in ground beds and baskets. Fills in fast with lots of color.
Unique spreading begonias fill beds, baskets and containers
The addition of this unique spreading begonia to our portfolio that includes Dragon Wing®, BabyWing® and Megawatt™ allows us to expand our offering of begonias that look great on the retail bench! Hula looks amazing as well in hanging baskets and mixed containers, providing an additional opportunity to offer a more premium product. Plus, it is fast to fill in landscape beds, creating a blanket of flowers with high-impact colour!
Plug crop time: 6 to 8 weeks
Transplant to finish: 5 to 7 weeks for Spring timing
- Hula is a unique spreading type of begonia that is highly branched with lots of small flowers.
- Its trailing habit is perfect for baskets and containers.
- Provides an instant performance advantage for landscapers, with masses of flowers showing on top.
- The series is daylength neutral and it is the earliest interspecific begonia to flower, with timing similar to BabyWing®.
- Small flowers compared to Megawatt™ or Dragon Wing®, but with the high number of flowers, it has great colour impact.
- Hula starts to spread at an early stage, and along with early flowering, it provides growers with a high-quality, attractive, salable plant that is covered with blooms at retail, in both hanging baskets and smaller pot sizes.
Features a bicolour pattern that can vary under different conditions.