Scientific Name: Celosia plumosa
Hardiness Degree: 45°F (7.2°C)
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Heat Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Height: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Width: 10 - 16" (25 - 41cm)
General Information: Excellent border plant shows off bright colors for your garden.
PanAmerican Seed offers you two distinctive types of C. plumosa – our shorter Ice Cream series and mid-height First Flame series – to create a winning lineup that meets your bedding and landscape celosia needs.
Plug crop time: 3 to 4 weeks
Transplant to finish: 8 to 10 weeks
- Excellent, brightly coloured Summer crop finishes 10 to 14 days earlier than competing varieties to reduce production costs.
- Branches like a regular C. plumosa to produce full blooms.
- Uniform across all colours for a fuller look in containers.
- Ideal for Asian and southern markets.
- Makes a great border plant; also good in containers.
Unique colour to this type of celosia. About 1 week earlier to flower, with a thicker plume compared to First Flame Red, Yellow and Scarlet. Non-fading in high light/high heat.