Scientific Name: Delphinium elatum
Hardiness Degree: -30°F (-34.4°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Attracts Hummingbirds, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant
Spacing: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Height: 30 - 39" (76 - 99cm)
Width: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
General Information: Great choice for professional cut flower growers – all colors bloom within days of each other.
What you want, when you want it
It’s easy to program your crop to meet shipping dates with Guardian. It offers very uniform blooming, especially under short
days. Plus, it’s up to 6 weeks faster from transplant to bloom than O.P. types, for more turns in the greenhouse. For programmability and efficiency, Guardian is leading the charge.
Plug crop time: 6 to 7 weeks
Transplant to finish: 16 weeks
- Breeding breakthrough makes it easy to program your crop to meet shipping dates.
- Very uniform blooming within each variety, especially under short days.
- Works well as a tall landscape/perennial variety, as a commercial cut flower, and in potted plant programs.
- Up to 6 weeks faster from transplant to bloom than O.P. types for more turns per sq. ft./metre of greenhouse space.
- Also suitable as a greenhouse cut flower or for garden cut flower production.
- As a greenhouse cut flower, Guardian can be grown under the same conditions as dianthus and snapdragons.
- Produces excellent stem quality for good cut flower shipability.