Scientific Name: Echinacea purpurea
Common Name: Coneflower
Hardiness Degree: -30°F (-34.4°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Autumn, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Drought Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Heat Tolerant, Attracts Butterflies, Attracts Bees
Spacing: 8 - 14" (20 - 36cm)
Height: 16 - 20" (41 - 51cm)
Width: 12 - 16" (30 - 41cm)
General Information: Looks great in the first year for instant satisfaction, and provides many seasons of great colour thereafter.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 13 to 17 weeks
- PowWow puts more flowers on every plant than any other seed Echinacea, for a terrific, nonfading colour show!
- Colour-packed pair is well-matched for habit and timing.
- Fuller, shorter and better branched than many tissue culture Echinacea – can be grown without growth regulators and shipped tight on racks.
- Programmable to meet market dates.
- Versatile series works well from gallon containers to premium packs.
- Packs are suitable for landscaper in-colour or green plant sales and for prairie-to-go programs.
- Very drought-tolerant, easy-care plants stay tidy at retail with long holdability.
16 to 20 in./40 to 50 cm first year; 22 to 24 in./56 to 61 cm second year