Scientific Name: Gomphrena pulchella
Common Name: Bachelor's Button
Hardiness Degree: 32°F (0.0°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Summer, Autumn
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Drought Tolerant, Attracts Butterflies
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 20 - 36" (51 - 91cm)
Height: 36 - 48" (91 - 122cm)
Width: 48" (122cm)
General Information: Fireworks resists weather damage and provides an attractive architectural element for the landscape.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 8 to 9 weeks
Mississippi Medallion Award
- More blooms per plant and unique “scaffolding” habit make Fireworks sparkle at retail, then explode with colour in landscapes and containers.
- Vigorous, “tough as nails” plants are drought tolerant, low maintenance.
- Attractive architectural element for landscapes; also excellent for mixed cut flower bouquets.
- Easy to produce – stays compact as a plug.
- Well-suited to high-margin gallon programs; suitable for field or garden cut flower production.