Scientific Name: Hypoestes phyllostachya
Common Name: Polka Dot Plant
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Plant Habit: Mounded, Spreading
Characteristics: Drought Tolerant, Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Heat Tolerant, Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Spacing: 12 - 16" (30 - 41cm)
Height: 4 - 6" (10 - 15cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 6 to 7 weeks
- The grower’s choice for mass market pot production, with excellent shipping tolerance and shelf life.
- Crop time can be reduced by planting multiple-sown young plants in each pot.
- Heat tolerant and shade tolerant.
- Can be used as an indoor plant or offered with other bedding annuals.
- The garden height for this plant is 10 to 18 in./25 to 46 cm; the height listed above is potted height.