Scientific Name: Lavandula stoechas
Common Name: Spanish Lavender
Hardiness Degree: 0°F (-17.8°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded
Characteristics: Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Height: 7 - 9" (18 - 23cm)
Width: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
General Information: Lots of flowers in Spring and Summer attract butterflies and honeybees. Sturdy, bushy plants grow low to the ground, so plant them near the front of a border or in patio planters to enjoy their mild lavender fragrance.
Make the change to seed L. stoechas today!
Professional-quality L. stoechas Bandera is an excellent seed option for this class. This compact, bushy, no-pinch plant has great flower power just 11 to 14 weeks from transplant, and it’s quick to finish compared to the vegetative options. Plus, no pinch means less production time, making it an all-around perennial winner.
Plug crop time: 6 to 7 weeks
Transplant to finish: 11 to 14 weeks (28 to 35 weeks overwintered, only in high light/low humidity areas)
- Professional-quality seed L. stoechas series produces quality comparable to vegetative varieties.
- Compact to medium habit with good branching and uniformity – easily fills 4-in./10-cm pots to gallons.
- One to three weeks earlier to flower than the competition.
- Flowers heavily to almost cover the plant.
- Short harvest window – fits bench run programs.
- Long-flowering and self-cleaning with good secondary flush of flowers.
- Holds dense, mounded habit in the garden without falling open.
- A “Gateway to Gardening” variety for young shoppers – great nursery and grocery store impulse item, gift plant, indoor potted plant.
The strongest rose colour from seed on the market! Habit and timing are a great match for the other Bandera varieties.