Scientific Name: Eustoma grandiflorum
Common Name: Double-Flowered Lisianthus
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Summer, Winter
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Heat Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Height: 36 - 45" (91 - 114cm)
General Information: Timed perfectly for professional cut flower growers.
Planting density: 8 plants/ft.2 (84 plants/m2) Summer; 6 plants/ft.2 (64 plants/m2) Winter
Best for: Greenhouse, high tunnel
Plug crop time: 8 to 10 weeks
Transplant to finish: Winter, 14 to 18 weeks; Spring/Autumn, 12 to 14 weeks; Summer, 10 to 12 weeks
- Best-in-class genetics have proven reduced sensitivity to rosetting in the plug and after transplant. You get more saleable plants and stems, plus reduced or no need for gibberellic acid (GA) spraying.
- Uniform vigour in plug and finish stages and faster finish times assure a short harvest window.
- Produces a high-quality finished crop year-round in a comprehensive colour range.
- Outstanding double flower form with high petal count on strong stems.
- Quickly becoming the wedding flower of choice, and an essential for bouquets, corsages and other arrangements.
- Exceptional vase life.