Scientific Name: Osteospermum ecklonis
Common Name: African Daisy
Hardiness Degree: 32°F (0.0°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring
Plant Habit: Mounded
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Hummingbirds, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant, Attracts Butterflies
Spacing: 10 - 12" (25 - 30cm)
Height: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Width: 14 - 20" (36 - 51cm)
General Information: In the garden, the full, well-branched plants show off beautiful flowers. Great choice for mass plantings and containers.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring 10 to 12 weeks, Autumn 7 to 9 weeks
- “Sow easy, so awesome”: The most compact seed series matches or surpasses any vegetative series for easy, no-pinch production; terrific uniformity and top-selling colours.
- Delivers 5% higher germination than competitors for higher yields – it’s the best seed-grown osteo for both habit and seed quality.
- Excellent branching assures better pot fill and great bench-to-garden performance.
- Well-suited to mechanized production and high-density programs.
- Plants branch without pinching, all colours flower within a 7 to 10-day window across the Akila series and no vernalisation is needed.
- Full, well-branched plants are drought-tolerant once established.