Scientific Name: Perovskia atriplicifolia
Hardiness Degree: -30°F (-34.4°C)
Blooming Season: Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Rabbit Resistant, Heat Tolerant
Spacing: 16 - 24" (41 - 61cm)
Height: 18 - 36" (46 - 91cm)
Width: 14 - 28" (36 - 71cm)
General Information: Great backdrop plant; also works well in mixed combos. Superb garden plant – exceptionally long blooming and very hardy. Grows in heat and drought and always looks fresh! Attracts bees and hummingbirds.
First year, 18 to 24 in./46 to 61 cm; second year and on, 30 to 36 in./76 to 91 cmSpread:
First year, 14 to 22 in./36 to 56 cm; second year and on, 20 to 38 in./51 to 97 cmPlug crop time:
5 to 11 weeksTransplant to finish:
9 to 15 weeksIt’s tough as…STEEL!A perennial first:
Grow high-quality, affordable Perovskia from professional-grade seed. Blue Steel has higher and much more uniform germination than other seed varieties so you’ll grow top-notch plugs easily and efficiently. No vernalisation or overwintering is needed, so production time is slashed. And grown beside leading vegetative varieties, you can’t see a difference.
- Sturdy, controlled habit in the landscape is comparable to the vegetative leader.
- Combines the best Summer-blooming lavender-blue colour with outstanding late-season garden performance.
- Aromatic, silvery foliage carries clouds of small blue flowers on strong silver stems that do not break or split easily.
- High flower show rate with 1 to 3 plugs per 1-gallon container or 3 to 5 per 2-gallon container.
- It’s affordable to use multiple plugs in each pot and always finish with huge retail appeal.
- Pinch for optimal branching.
- Heat/drought tolerant, very hardy.