Scientific Name: Rudbeckia fulgida var. sullivantii
Common Name: Black-Eyed Susan
Hardiness Degree: -30°F (-34.4°C)
Blooming Season: Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Attracts Hummingbirds, Rabbit Resistant, Water/Rain tolerant, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance, Frost Tolerant
Spacing: 14 - 18" (36 - 46cm)
Height: 24 - 28" (61 - 71cm)
Width: 14 - 18" (36 - 46cm)
General Information: Strong, low-maintenance variety for borders and landscapes. Plants have tight foliage with shiny, dark green leaves that hold back weeds and flower abundantly from summer well into fall. Golden yellow horizontal petals contrast nicely with the black center disc.
A natural daylength growing solution
Here’s a new first-year-flowering solution for growers that cannot finish Goldsturm under their natural growing conditions. NEW Goldblitz provides a more economical input option for natural daylength growers, as the plugs do not require special treatment to perform to the same quality as Goldsturm.
Plug crop time: 6 to 7 weeks
Transplant to finish: 15 to 20 weeks
- Will flower fully as an annual crop if sown in early Spring in natural conditions, assuming that Summer provides a minimum of 14.5 hours daylength; Goldsturm requires 15 hours critical daylength.
- Shortens the production time for a finished flowering crop to 2 to 3 weeks compared to Goldsturm.
- Provides a more economical input option for natural daylength growers, as the plugs do not require special treatment.
- It has a slightly smaller leaf and flower size than Goldsturm.
- Fleuroselect Gold Medal award winner for both container and garden performance.