Scientific Name: Solanum lycopersicum
Common Name: Tomato, Large-Fruited, Beefsteak
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Climbing, Upright
Characteristics: Culinary Use
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 18 - 36" (46 - 91cm)
Height: 60 - 84" (152 - 213cm)
Width: 36 - 48" (91 - 122cm)
General Information: Upgrade your garden with heirloom tomato flavor and modern hybrid tomato performance. Early-maturing, rich, purple beefsteak tomatoes have higher yield potential and fewer blemishes than most heirlooms.
A true garden star!
DarkStar is resistant to late blight, a common disease of tomato plants, and it has been tested for all common seedborne diseases, ensuring high-quality seed for propagation. You can rely on DarkStar to light up your vegetable program!
- Upgrade your garden with heirloom tomato flavour and modern hybrid tomato performance.
- Early-maturing, rich, purple beefsteak fruit has higher yield potential and fewer blemishes than most heirlooms.
- Large, purple beefsteak fruit is perfect for eating fresh on a sandwich or for preserving in sauce.
- Offers high disease resistance to late blight, too.
- Best grown in the ground with support of a trellis or cage.