Scientific Name: Solanum lycopersicum
Common Name: Tomato, Small-Fruited
Hardiness Degree: 50°F (10.0°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Climbing, Upright
Characteristics: Culinary Use
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 18 - 36" (46 - 91cm)
Height: 60 - 84" (152 - 213cm)
Width: 36 - 48" (91 - 122cm)
General Information: Sun Dipper is an orange “dipper” tomato with elongated fruit that is easily held between your fingers for dipping in dressing on a vegetable platter. This unique fruit shape is eye-catching and delicious. Sun Dipper plant is indeterminate and has great resistance to in-ground diseases like Fusarium and Nematodes.
Just right for dipping
Sun Dipper’s elongated fruit can be held between your fingers for easy use with dips and sauces. The orange fruit looks great on a vegetable platter and tastes delicious. The fruit’s unique shape will stand out at retail and the durable plant has great resistance to in-ground diseases, as well.
- Sun Dipper is an orange “dipper” tomato with elongated fruit that is easily held between your fingers for dipping in dressing on a vegetable platter.
- This unique elongated fruit shape is eye-catching and delicious, and it’s perfect for differentiating vegetable programs at retail.
- The plant is indeterminate and has resistance to Fusarium, Nematodes and Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
- Sun Dipper performs well in field production as well as high tunnels.
- Prune plant to 1 to 2 leaders to increase fruit size up to 3 to 4 in. (8 to 10 cm) long.