Scientific Name: Talinum paniculatum
Common Name: Jewels of Opar
Hardiness Degree: 40°F (4.4°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright
Characteristics: Drought Tolerant, Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Spacing: 14 - 16" (36 - 41cm)
Height: 28 - 32" (71 - 81cm)
Width: 16 - 18" (41 - 46cm)
General Information: Chartreuse foliage with delicate flowers dancing above adds great interest to mixed containers and landscapes.
Plug crop time: 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: Foliage 4 to 5 weeks; add 2 weeks to flower
- Mounded, bright lime-green foliage with airy inflorescences covered in tiny rose-pink flowers.
- Handles stress well, including heat and drought.
- When exposed to stressful conditions, the foliage shows off an even more vibrant chartreuse colour.
- Ideal for containers, hanging baskets and in-ground plantings.
- Also works well as a fresh or dried cut flower.