Scientific Name: Impatiens hybrida
Common Name: Interspecific impatiens
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded
Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Height: 9 - 11" (23 - 28cm)
Width: 15 - 20" (38 - 51cm)
Exposure: Partial Sun, Sun
General Information: Low-maintenance, high-impact color for sunny garden spaces. Plant in ground or in containers.
Impatiens landscapers love
Solarscape seed-propagated interspecific impatiens provides unbeatable colour in full-sun garden beds and containers. Durable Solarscape performs just like vegetative varieties with the flexibility of seed. Landscape growers will appreciate this option to fulfill non-branded needs that grow strong in the sun!
Plug crop time: (288) 4 to 5 weeks, (128) 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 7 to 10 weeks
Available in North America only.
- Great low-maintenance plant provides high-impact colour in full-sun spaces, whether in the ground or in containers.
- The first interspecific impatiens series from seed offers growers the flexibility of an input that is available all year round, making scheduling a breeze.
- Seed-propagated Solarscape provides the same garden performance as vegetative interspecific impatiens without the royalties! Perfect for opening-price-point, non-branded programs at retail.
- Offers landscape growers a non-branded, cost-efficient alternative.
- Blooms have tropical appeal, with a satiny texture in vibrant, glowing hues.
Shimmering white flowers may have a small percentage of pink at the centre and very pale, blush pink buds and petals.