Scientific Name: Leucanthemum x superbum
Common Name: Shasta Daisy
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded
Characteristics: Deer Resistant, Drought Tolerant, Rabbit Resistant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Height: 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Width: 8 - 12" (20 - 30cm)
General Information: Covered with pretty, clear-white flowers with a yellow center. Sturdy plants build a new layer of flowers on top of the older ones. Flowers Early Spring into early Fall depending on region and planting time.
Complete your seed shasta Leucanthemum F1 package!
Use White Lion for early-Spring sales from overwintered production (previously only possible with vegetative varieties) and for Spring sales from annual production. White Lion has a critical daylength of only 10 hours.
Use Madonna for late Spring and Summer sales in long-day conditions. Madonna has a critical daylength of 14.5 hours.
Both offer better uniformity in height and habit over their seed counterparts, plus they provide an excellent alternative to vegetative Leucanthemum with no vernalisation needed and no risk for bacterial infection. With these two options, you’ll have easy-to-ship plants for early Spring into Summer on the bench and in the store.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: annual, 9 to 12 weeks; overwintered, 18 to 26 weeks (18 in southern regions)
- The Spring Shasta! This unique compact seed Leucanthemum can be grown in short days (10-hour daylength requirement) – perfect for early Spring sales!
- An alternative to vegetative varieties that doesn’t require vernalisation and has no risk of bacterial infection.
- Ideal for an annual production schedule. No supplemental lighting needed, flowers under natural days.
- Perfect for overwintered production in natural short days, finished under natural short days, when it will bulk more uniformly. No supplemental light or Night Interruption needed.
- No other seed variety offers this early programming solution!
White Lion has more narrow and darker green leaf than Madonna. Little more variable in plant habit than Madonna.