Scientific Name: Celosia argentea
Common Name: Foliage Celosia
Hardiness Degree: 45°F (7.2°C)
Blooming Season: Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Heat Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 6 - 8" (15 - 20cm)
Height: 10 - 14" (25 - 36cm)
Width: 10 - 16" (25 - 41cm)
General Information: Excellent border and patio plant shows off bicolors with burgundy-red leaves. Colors will be more intense under higher light levels and indoor or outdoor conditions.
Sun-loving foliage celosia brings colour and texture to containers
With limited options for attractive foliage plants from seed, growers often turn to coleus to add interest and texture to containers. The NEW Sol™ Collection is a fantastic new foliage celosia with relatively fast production time and no downy mildew issues. It holds well at retail and expands the options for consumers looking for sun-loving foliage accent plants for patio planters with a different texture and look, as well as for quick-growing, low, shrub-like plants that look great at the front of the border.
Plug crop time: 3 to 4 weeks
Transplant to finish: Spring, 7 to 10 weeks
- An attractive late-flowering new foliage celosia collection for the market!
- Two distinct bicolour foliage patterns are featured in the collection.
- Offers relatively fast production time and no downy mildew issues.
- Foliage tends to be more green when kept indoors, and it turns a vibrant burgundy-red when the plant is outdoors for at least 1 to 2 weeks.
- Lizzard Leaf’s foliage tends to curl due to genetic factors and can be modified by the climate conditions found in different locations in different degrees, in both indoor and outdoor environments.