Scientific Name: Solenostemon scutellarioides
Common Name: Premium Shade Coleus
Hardiness Degree: 50°F (10.0°C)
Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright
Characteristics: Heat Tolerant, Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 15 - 24" (38 - 61cm)
Height: 18 - 24" (46 - 61cm)
Width: 20 - 35" (51 - 89cm)
Exposure: Shade, Partial Sun
General Information: HUGE foliage, Unique color combinations on foliage, adds interest to shade garden beds and containers
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
- Kong Jr.'s heart-shaped leaves are 30% smaller than Kong’s, but just as stunning. They make Kong Jr. easier to ship, with less breakage and less loss.
- Leaf size is well-matched across the series.
- Well-branched, tidy habit is irresistible to shoppers.
- Performs well in landscapes, patio planters and mixed containers.
- Adds unique colours and patterns not available in Kong series.
- Also works in indoor plant programs.
Shows less veining and less to no rose midrib in the mahogany heart under brighter shade. In deeper shade, vein pattern is stronger and rose may appear in the mahogany heart at midrib.