Scientific Name: Gaillardia x grandiflora
Common Name: Blanket Flower
Hardiness Degree: 0°F (-17.8°C)
Blooming Season: Early Spring, Spring
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 20 - 24" (51 - 61cm)
Height: 14 - 16" (36 - 41cm)
Width: 20 - 22" (51 - 56cm)
General Information: Very drought tolerant once established, Mesa shows intense, non-fading colour all season on upright, well-branched plants that perform well in landscapes and mixed containers.
Fast, non-fading colour that won’t quit
The first seed F1 gaillardia fills quart and gallon containers quickly with bold, brilliant colour. These plants hold up under
dry conditions, and they put out intense, nonfading colour all season long. Create more colourful landscapes and mixed containers with Mesa.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 11 to 13 weeks
- The first F1 gaillardia from seed puts out lots of fast colour on sturdy plants.
- Strong, early-flowering, well-branched plants fill quart and gallon containers quickly while maintaining the controlled height.
- Compared with other seed gaillardia, Mesa varieties are more uniform in habit and flowering time, for easier scheduling and shipping.
- Very drought tolerant once established, with intense, non-fading colour all season.
- Upright, well-balanced plants perform well in landscapes and mixed containers.