Scientific Name: Gaillardia x grandiflora
Common Name: Blanket Flower
Hardiness Degree: 0°F (-17.8°C)
Blooming Season: Spring, Early Spring
Plant Habit: Upright
Characteristics: Attracts Bees, Attracts Butterflies, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 20 - 24" (51 - 61cm)
Height: 14 - 16" (36 - 41cm)
Width: 20 - 22" (51 - 56cm)
General Information: Very drought tolerant once established, Mesa shows intense, non-fading colour all season on upright, well-branched plants that perform well in landscapes and mixed containers.
Plug crop time: 5 to 6 weeks
Transplant to finish: 11 to 13 weeks
- The first F1 gaillardia from seed puts out lots of fast colour on sturdy plants.
- Strong, early-flowering, well-branched plants fill quart and gallon containers quickly while maintaining the controlled height.
- Compared with other seed gaillardia, Mesa varieties are more uniform in habit and flowering time, for easier scheduling and shipping.
- Very drought tolerant once established, with intense, non-fading colour all season.
- Upright, well-balanced plants perform well in landscapes and mixed containers.
Surpasses the competition in several areas: more consistent, redder colour; more uniform vigour/habit; 1 week earlier flowering. Flowers uniformly at 10 hours. Within the series, in Spring production, Red is 14 to 20 days earlier to flower than Bright Bicolor and Yellow. In Summer production, it is 1 week earlier than Bright Bicolor and 14 to 20 days earlier than Yellow.