Scientific Name: Lobelia x speciosa
Blooming Season: Summer, Autumn, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Columnar, Upright
Characteristics: Water/Rain tolerant, Shade Tolerant
Fertilize: Every two weeks
Spacing: 14 - 16" (36 - 41cm)
Height: 20 - 24" (51 - 61cm)
Width: 8 - 12" (20 - 30cm)
General Information: Summer-flowering perennial attracts hummingbirds. Showy, mid-height plants covered with masses of flowers are ideal for containers for the center of the border. Sturdy, bushy plants are low maintenance. Produces masses of flowers.
Plug crop time (288 tray): Scarlet, 7 to 9 weeks; all others, 8 to 10 weeks
Transplant to finish: 14 to 18 weeks
- Earlier flowering; improved branching; low stretch; uniform, controlled habit; and huge flower power assure a better-quality finished plant than the competition.
- Pretty Summer plant for beds and borders – prefers higher temperatures, humidity and moisture.
- Good germination and plug yield.
- Versatile series works well from 5-in./13-cm pots to higher-value 1 and 2-gallon containers.
- Performs well in both annual and perennial combos.
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies.
This variety has a height of 24 to 28 in./61 to 71 cm, which is 6 to 8 in./15 to 20 cm taller than the rest of the series. It also has green leaves, in contrast to the bronze leaves of the other varieties.