Scientific Name: Impatiens walleriana
Common Name: Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant
Blooming Season: Spring, Summer, Late Summer, Late Spring
Plant Habit: Upright, Mounded
Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: None or when needed only
Spacing: 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Height: 15 - 20" (38 - 51cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Exposure: Shade, Sun
General Information: Shows many flowers in a traditional shade plant that is a low-maintenance, must-have plant for shade gardens.
High resistance to Impatiens downy mildew!
Bring Impatiens walleriana back into production without the risk of disease! Beacon impatiens offers high resistance to the currently known and widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara obducens, which cause Impatiens downy mildew. For lasting colour, you can rely on Beacon impatiens to thrive. Visit BeaconImpatiens.com for more information.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
- Beacon impatiens exhibits high resistance to the currently known and widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara obducens, which cause Impatiens downy mildew.
- Beacon impatiens offers the opportunity to bring back into production a well-known, in-demand, easy-to-grow and versatile product for increased sales.
- Extensive trialing has proven that Beacon impatiens provides genetic high resistance to IDM without the use of chemicals, and it can be grown like you used to grow impatiens without fungicides or any special care regimen.
- With a plant structure, flowering time, flower size and crop culture that is similar to Super Elfin, Beacon impatiens is easy to incorporate into production planning.
- Offers season-long colour, and it brings back fast-filling colour to gardens and landscapes.
Shades of bright violet and burgundy-violet on moderate-vigour, upright mounded plants with mid-green foliage. More vigorous with the same flower size as Super Elfin XP Violet.
Protection Information: PCT; US10,285,362; US PAF