Scientific Name: Impatiens walleriana
Common Name: Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant
Blooming Season: Summer, Late Summer, Spring, Late Spring
Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright
Characteristics: Low Maintenance, Shade Tolerant
Fertilize: None or when needed only
Spacing: 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Height: 14 - 18" (36 - 46cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Exposure: Shade, Partial Sun
General Information: Shows many flowers in a traditional shade plant that is a low-maintenance, must-have plant for shade gardens.
High resistance to Impatiens downy mildew!
Bring Impatiens walleriana back into production without the risk of disease! Beacon impatiens offers high resistance to the currently known and widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara obducens, which cause Impatiens downy mildew. For lasting colour, you can rely on Beacon impatiens to thrive. Visit BeaconImpatiens.com for more information.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
- Beacon impatiens exhibits high resistance to the currently known and widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara obducens, which cause Impatiens downy mildew (IDM).
- Beacon impatiens offers the opportunity to bring back into production a well-known, in-demand, easy-to-grow and versatile product for increased sales.
- Extensive trialing has proven that Beacon impatiens provides genetic high resistance to IDM. Beacon is not immune to IDM; there are scenarios where preventative IDM fungicides may be recommended.
- With a plant structure, flowering time, flower size and crop culture that is similar to Super Elfin, Beacon impatiens is easy to incorporate into production planning.
- Fast-filling, season-long colour for gardens and landscapes.
Pure white flowers on moderately vigorous, upright mounded plants with mid-green foliage. Features more plant vigour with the same flower size as Super Elfin XP White.
Protection Information: CA PAF; EU PAF; PCT; US10,285,362; US PAF