Scientific Name: Impatiens walleriana
Common Name: Busy Lizzy, Patience Plant
Blooming Season: Spring, Late Spring, Summer, Late Summer
Plant Habit: Mounded, Upright
Characteristics: Shade Tolerant, Low Maintenance
Fertilize: None or when needed only
Spacing: 8 - 10" (20 - 25cm)
Height: 14 - 18" (36 - 46cm)
Width: 12 - 14" (30 - 36cm)
Exposure: Shade, Partial Sun
General Information: Shows many flowers in a traditional shade plant that is a low-maintenance, must-have plant for shade gardens.
Shine a light on colour for the shade with more NEW lighthouse mixes
Along with an improved core colour, we’re introducing two NEW 3-colour Beacon mixes named after well-known lighthouses in locations where Impatiens downy mildew has been a significant problem. These have been trialed and approved to grow well together and look vibrant in the shade, and they offer high resistance to the widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara destructor, the cause of Impatiens downy mildew. These mixes are suitable for packs, pots, hanging baskets and in-ground beds. Visit beaconimpatiens.com for more details on the Beacon story.
Plug crop time: 4 to 5 weeks
Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
- Exhibits high resistance to the widely prevalent populations of Plasmopara destructor, which cause Impatiens downy mildew (IDM).
- Offers the opportunity to bring back into production a well-known, in-demand, easy-to-grow and versatile product for increased sales.
- Extensive trialing has proven that Beacon impatiens provides genetic high resistance to IDM. Beacon is not immune to IDM; there are scenarios where preventative IDM fungicides may be recommended.
- Easy to incorporate into production planning.
- Fast-filling, season-long colour for gardens and landscapes.
Takes its name from Portland Bill, Dorset, England. Includes Rose, Violet Shades and White.
Protection Information: CA PAF; EU PAF; US10,285,362; US11,166,424